---> Immunology Exam Questions (41-45)
36. Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer in women in the United States and the second leading cause of cancer deaths in women. Age, a family history of breast cancer, and mutations in the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes are important risk factors for the development of breast cancer. Which of the following drugs is used as prophylaxis in women at high risk for developing
(A) Abciximab and aspirin
(B) Flutamide and leuprolide
(C) Tamoxifen and raloxifene
(D) Testosterone and prednisone
37. A 47-year-old woman from the Middle East presents to the clinic with fever, general malaise, and weight loss. Physical examination reveals hepatomegaly and massive splenomegaly, along with edema. Laboratory tests show moderate anemia and a peripheral WBC count <4000/mm3. Macrophages containing amastigotes are seen on histologic analysis. Which of the following parasites does the woman most likely harbor?
(A) Babesia species
(B) Entamoeba histolytica
(C) Giardia lamblia
(D) Leishmania donovani
38. Immunology Exam Questions about a type of lymphoma is characterized by onset in middle age and by neoplastic cells that resemble normal germinal center B lymphocytes. Additionally, it is the most common type of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in the United States. What is the characteristic chromosomal translocation and protein that is produced by this translocation?
(A) t(8:14), c-myc
(B) t(9:22), bcr-abl
(C) t(11:22), EWS-FL-1
(D) t(14:18), bcl-2
39. A 52-year-old heart transplant patient on chronic immunosuppressive therapy that includes cyclosporine develops bacterial sinusitis. The patient’s physician decides to start him on antibiotic therapy but is having difficulty choosing between amoxicillin and erythromycin to treat the infection. Concurrent use of erythromycin and cyclosporine would most likely lead to which of the following serum drug levels?
(A) Decreased cyclosporine serum concentrations
(B) First decreased, then increased serum cyclosporine concentrations
(C) First increased, then decreased serum cyclosporine concentrations
(D) Increased cyclosporine serum concentrations
40. A 56-year-old man is diagnosed with transitional cell carcinoma and treated with excision and chemotherapy. Which of the following risk factors most likely led to this patient’s cancer?
(A) Alcohol use
(B) Exposure to aniline dyes
(C) Exposure to asbestos
---> Answers and Rationale
---> Immunology Exam Questions (31-35)
Bed Positioning Blood Transfusion Cardiovascular Answers Cardiovascular Questions Endocrine and Metabolic (Answers) Endocrine and Metabolic (Questions) Fundamentals Answers Fundamentals Questions Gastrointestinal Answers Gastrointestinal Questions Immune and Hematologic Answers Immune and Hematologic Questions Integumentary Answers Integumentary Questions Link Main Page Maternity Musculoskeletal Answers Musculoskeletal Questions NCLEX Cardiovascular NCLEX Child Health NCLEX Delegation and Prioritization NCLEX Ear Diseases NCLEX EENT NCLEX Endocrine NCLEX Fundamentals NCLEX Geriatric NCLEX Immune System NCLEX Integumentary NCLEX Med Surg NCLEX Neurological NCLEX Obstetric NCLEX Oncology NCLEX Psychiatric NCLEX Renal NCLEX Respiratory Neurosensory Answers Neurosensory Questions Oncology Answers Oncology Questions Pediatric Answers Pediatric Questions Psychiatric Answers Psychiatric Questions Renal Answers Renal Questions
---> Musculoskeletal Exam (26-30) 21. A client is admitted with severe pain in the knees. Which form of arthritis is character...
---> Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Test Bank (21-25) 16. The nurse has been caring for a client with chronic paranoid schi...
---> Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing (41-45) 36. A client doesn't make eye contact with the nurse during ...
---> Cardiovascular Nursing Questions (16-20) 11. The nurse is assessing a client with heart failure. The breath sounds common...