---> Nursing Neurological Exam 26-30
21. The nurse is caring for a client who requires intracranial pressure (ICP) monitoring. The nurse should be alert for what major complication of ICP monitoring?
c. High blood pressure
22. After a plane crash, a client is brought to the emergency department with severe burns and respiratory difficulty. The nurse helps to secure a patent airway and attends to the client's immediate needs, then prepares to perform a neurologic assessment. Because the client is unstable and in critical condition, this examination must be brief but should include:
a. evaluation of the corneal reflex response.
b. examination of the fundus of the eye.
c. assessment of the client's gait.
d. evaluation of bowel and bladder functions.
23. A client who recently experienced a cerebrovascular accident (CVA) tells the nurse that he has double vision. Which nursing intervention is the most appropriate?
a. Encourage the client to close his eyes.
b. Alternatively patch one eye every 2 hours.
c. Turn out the lights in the room.
d. Instill artificial tears.
24. A client complains of vertigo. The nurse anticipates that the client may have a problem with which portion of the ear?
a. External ear
b. Middle ear
c. Inner ear
d. Tympanic membrane
25. The nurse is assessing a geriatric client with senile dementia. Which neurotransmitter condition is most likely to contribute to this client's cognitive changes?
a. Decreased acetylcholine level
b. Increased acetylcholine level
c. Increased norepinephrine level
d. Decreased norepinephrine level
---> Answers and Rationale
---> Nursing Neurological Exam 16-20
Bed Positioning Blood Transfusion Cardiovascular Answers Cardiovascular Questions Endocrine and Metabolic (Answers) Endocrine and Metabolic (Questions) Fundamentals Answers Fundamentals Questions Gastrointestinal Answers Gastrointestinal Questions Immune and Hematologic Answers Immune and Hematologic Questions Integumentary Answers Integumentary Questions Link Main Page Maternity Musculoskeletal Answers Musculoskeletal Questions NCLEX Cardiovascular NCLEX Child Health NCLEX Delegation and Prioritization NCLEX Ear Diseases NCLEX EENT NCLEX Endocrine NCLEX Fundamentals NCLEX Geriatric NCLEX Immune System NCLEX Integumentary NCLEX Med Surg NCLEX Obstetric NCLEX Oncology NCLEX Psychiatric NCLEX Renal NCLEX Respiratory Neurosensory Answers Neurosensory Questions Oncology Answers Oncology Questions Pediatric Answers Pediatric Questions Psychiatric Answers Psychiatric Questions Renal Answers Renal Questions
---> Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Test Bank (21-25) 16. The nurse has been caring for a client with chronic paranoid schi...
---> Musculoskeletal Exam (26-30) 21. A client is admitted with severe pain in the knees. Which form of arthritis is character...
---> Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing (41-45) 36. A client doesn't make eye contact with the nurse during ...
---> Pediatric Nursing Quiz (41-45) 36. For the last 6 days, a 7-month-old infant has been receiving amoxicillin trihydrate (Amoxi...